"By the time the average Christian gets his temperature up to normal, everybody thinks he has a FEVER!" - Watchman Nee
The sight of any trouble strikes terror into the heart of those who do not have faith, but those who trust Him say, "Here comes my food!" - Watchman Nee
If your faith hasn't changed you, it hasn't SAVED you. - James MacDonald
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable. - Brennan Manning
How could I not trust a heavenly, perfect Father who loves me infinitely more than I will ever love my kids? - Francis Chan
We read a newspaper or Web page for information, but we read the Word of God for transformation. - Greg Heisler
I will not pray clarity for you. Clarity is the crutch of the Christian. But I will pray trust for you, that your trust will increase. - Mother Theresa
If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison
God loves each of us as if there were only one of us. - St. Augustine
I will lose heart if I consider the work mine. - Jill Briscoe
The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller
The more obstacles you have, the more opportunities there are for God to do something. - Clarence W. Jones
I am ready to burn out for God. I am ready to endure any hardship, if by any means I might save some. The longing of my heart is to make known my glorious Redeemer to those who have never heard. - William Burns
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. - Albert Einstein
Here am I. Send me. - Isaiah
I have a firm conviction that I am immortal til my work is done. - Lottie Moon
Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her. - Maya Angelou
The reason why many are still troubled, still seeking, still making little forward progress is because they haven't yet come to the end of themselves. We're still trying to give orders, and interfering with God's work within us. - A.W. Tozer
He must increase, but I must decrease. - John the Baptist
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing. - Edmund Burke
The best thermometer of your spiritual temperature is the intensity of your prayer. - Spurgeon
If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him. - C.T. Studd
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
The Story of Easter Told Through Social Networking from neids on GodTube....
Psalm 23 from ocbibleteacher on GodTube....
|Rock Springs Baptist Church Prayer List|
|Carl Allen - Illness|
|W. R. Weaver - Recovery from surgery|
|Jackie Osborne - Illness|
Are you ready?
Ready for What?
There is a time coming when life as you currently know it will be over. So what happens then? Does everything end? Is everything just over? Well, maybe... but what if it isn't? What if you're wrong? What if, when you die, you find yourself standing before an all righteous judge who's standard for acceptance is complete perfection? Not just pretty good but complete perfection! Then what? Will He accept you or reject you? Are you perfect, or just pretty good?
The Good News!
Well, there's good news! It's called the Gospel. And this good news says that, because of what Christ has done, we can be forgiven, be accepted by God and can live forever with Him.
Are You Willing?
But this gift of forgiveness and eternal life cannot be yours unless you willingly accept it. God requires an individual response from you. The following verses from the Bible show God's part and yours in this process:
- Who is good?
- "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" (Romans 3:10)
- Who has sinned?
- "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23)
- What are my options?
- "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23)
- But I'm a sinner, how?
- "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
- What should I do?
- "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (Romans 10:9)
- Is this really for me?
- "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)
I think I get it, but what do I do?
1) Realize you are a sinner in need of a savior.
2) Repent; ask for forgiveness and turn from your sins.
3) Ask Jesus to come into your life and be your savior.
You might pray something like this:
"Father, I know I am a sinner in need of a savior, and I know if I die in my sin, I will be eternally separated from you in Hell. I know your Son Jesus was the only one capable of paying my sin debt, and I know He died for me on the cross and rose again three days later and is now sitting at your right hand! I ask you to please forgive me of my sins and I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my savior. I trust in Him completely for this and will now do what He says! In Jesus name, Amen."
OK, What now?
1) Now that you are a Christian, rejoice and tell someone.
2) Pray! Pray about everything, asking the Lord for His help and guidance.
3) If you don't have a Christian Bible, get one and read it every day. It contains God's words, and through it, the Holy Spirit will teach you how to live.
4) Find a local Bible believing and teaching church and get involved! Attend it regularly and serve where you can. This will help you grow as a Christian.
5) Find Christian friends to fellowship with! They will encourage you and you can encourage them. They will also help keep you on the right path.
Nothing can take the place of Prayer, Bible Study, Service and Fellowship. These are of primary importance. They are not rules to follow that will save you, Christ has already done that, if you have put your trust in Him. But they are key to living a life that will honor God! And maybe one day, you will hear Him say "Well done, thou good and faithful servant" (Matthew 25:21) If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us at: email@example.com! We'd love to hear from you, and to help in any way we can.